In 1866, Frederick Kuenemann bought the 'fachwerk" or "half-timbered" dwelling which is the original first floor of the house. The house was built about 1847 as a European medieval style with the gingerbread trim, kitchen, and second floor added in the 1880s. Anna Catherine & Friedrich Suites are upstairs while the Heinrich Suite is accessed downstairs with an upstairs B & BA. The almost 0.6 acre estate has been used as a nursing home, private home, and functional B&B over it's lifetime. The evolution and adventure of the Kuenemann house makes this the “German Jewel” of Fredericksburg, TX.
The information being provided by the Central Hill Country Board of REALTORS® is exclusively for consumers' personal, non-commercial use, and it may not be used for any purpose other than to identify prospective properties consumers may be interested in purchasing. The data is deemed reliable but is not guaranteed accurate by the MLS.